FWQAL 5

For this week in the Farmer's Wife Quilt-a-long, I just stuck to the two blocks.  And, honestly, it was a bit of a struggle to get these out.  Having a tough time picking fabrics and I was worried my interest was fading.  But I made them, was pretty happy with 1 of them and at least did a get job piecing the other one to end up with a square, and so I put them all together and now I think I am pretty happy with this project again:


I mean, they look kind of crazy together!  Maybe a little fun too?  Maybe?  Still deciding if I am going to do any type of sashing.  With only  91 blocks left to make I guess I still have time to figure it out!  I think it will be one of those quilts you can just study - so much to see, so many cool fabrics.  Probably too much for the eye to take in as a whole, but interesting to examine closely.


 Here is [19] Checkerboard.  Funny I skipped this one last week because I wasn't loving it and now I think it's one of my favorites.  Lots of Anna Maria Horner X & O's with Lizzy House Pearl Bracelets and stripes.


 This is [21] Contrary Wife with Heather Ross' Far Far Away 1 fairytale frog in the middle of dots and birds.  Kind of random.  Not enough contrast, too many medium value fabrics, I guess!  But it is practically a  perfect 6.5" square with most points lining up, so I'll take it!

So, yes, that is 21 and my first picture clearly shows 20 blocks.  Hmmm, did I skip a block or lose one?  I'll have to investigate...

Comments

  1. They look great Courtney! Love the little frog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blocks are looking beautiful. Your inspiring me to stick with the FW blocks, I'm just on number 6. I have been thinking about the setting, maybe something that has mostly white with a color would work for the sashings to set off these jewels...

    http://www.quiltique.com/shop/product/dragonfly-daze-2522-62/

    would look great. I thought of it since I am using the same fabric to set some busy blocks of my own. I'll be blogging about it later today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comment, it was my first ever since I just started my quilt blog. I finally just posted about the quilt I was working on today.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! I try to answer as many as I can, but if you need an answer and don't have an email address linked to your profile, I will reply here. Thanks!

Popular Posts